What causes pain under left rib cage while treating sinus infection?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a sinus infection at the moment.
I have pain under my left rib, feel like a
Popping and clicking - it feels like a stitch when j take a deep breath.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pleauritic chest pain of pleaural inflammation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

This usually happens when one has respiratory tract infection, specially if one has cough with it too. Usually the covering of lungs (pleura) gets inflammed and then it pains when ever one breaths specially with deep inspiration.

In my opinion there is nothing to be anxious or concerned about, this problem usually settles as a the infection gets better, the inflammation gets better too. I would suggest you to use Ibuprofen or tylenol 500mg twice a day this will reduce inflammation and pain there is nothing else to be done.

This is expected to go away within 5 days , if it doesn't get better by then, I would suggest you to visit a doctor for further checkup and investigation.This problem isn't damgerous or life threatening in my opinion don't panic stay calm and use meds I just mentioned.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..