What causes pain in the upper right side of lung?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I awoke this morning with pain on the upper right side of my lung. it hurts more when I breathe. I am on combivent and advair
. I have AIDS too
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries, AIDS far, Chest X ray, see Dr

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be important to know if you have been taking your drugs regularly lately. In case you missed a few doses, and any environmental changes, the symptoms could get intensified as such. However, if no environmental change, nor any missed doses of your regular drugs have been recorded lately, it is imperative to search for the cause of such a pain.

Any recent notion of an upper respiratory tract infection might be important to be noted. Catarrh or any cough could be predisposing factors to develop a lung infection. Chest pain if associated with fever would be more suggestive of an infection.

Acute viral pericarditis, if you had an upper respiratory tract infection is also a rare possibility. The pain is more intense with a deep breathe too. However, your doctor will hear specific sounds on a physical examination.

I would suggest you get a consultation from your doctor and get a proper Chest X ray done.

You need not be afraid. HIV - AIDS does not commonly present with such acute symptoms. The symptoms you present are not the regular presenting signs and symptoms of AIDS. No worries.

Kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj