• question-icon

What causes pain in the cervical area?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Costis has minor pains in the cervical region. He can do all daily activities without a problems. He jogs one hour every day.
1) What is your opinion on the MRI of the cervical and lumbar region?
2) What is your opinion on the presence of a cyst in the liver?
3)What is your opinion on the presence of a cysts in the kidneys?
since i cannot upload the mri i sent it in this way.

•Lesions of chronic spondyloarthropathy in the neck with degeneration of the discs, development of osteophytes and straining(straightening) of cervical curvature
•Posterior right projection of diskosterophilic material in the C5-C6 interval exerts focal pressure on the spinal cord and the C6 right-hand root, while the width of the vertebral canal and the right lateral foramen is reduced. Despite the absence of gross signal lesion in the spinal cord, the probability of onset of myelopathy can not be ruled out. (NeuroSURGEON EVALUATION NEEDED.)
•The central projection of discosterophilic material in the C4-C5 interval exerts less pressure on the spinal cord, eliminating the anterior epidural space.
•In the lumbar region, there are again spikes of chronic spondyloarthropathy with a picture of degeneration and active inflammation predominantly in the OUTGROWTH vertebral joints.
•Concentrated rear projection of the fibrous ring of the discs at L1-L2-L3 (predominantly) and L3-L4, exerts moderate pressure on the meninges bag. The condition is more intense in the L3-L4 interval from the beginning of the central hernia of the disc with anterior suture of the sac
•Roughing of the fibrous ring of the discs on multiple planes, the larger one at the L4-L5 space, on the right rear side space, without a hernia development at the present stage.
•The end of the medulla cone is controlled at the height of the vertebra L1
•Small hemangioma in the body of the vertebral L3
•Alteration in the right liver lobe 2.3 cm (CYST)
•Small rectal cysts in the kidneys, particularly left
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is required for neck pain ,rest can be ignored.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel .Orthopedic Surgeon.
1.Spine : changes are suggestive of degenerative lesion in spine ( neck and back): This is co relating with clinical picture of mild cervical pain. I would ,initially start mild painkillers , Muscle relaxants and isometric neck exercises .For long term - only neck exercises are sufficient.
2. Small cysts in liver and kidney ( Including Hemangioma in L3) are ,again, not of much significance.
Thanx for the question . Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 26 hours later
Can you provide us with exercises please!
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physiotherapist can teach on one to one basis.

Detailed Answer:
hi,
It is not possible to describe all the exercises in writing. Best is to go to a physiotherapist who can demonstrate all the exercises one to one basis and teach how to do them.
Thanx
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon