What causes pain in the back and groin area?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi. I have had pain in my back and groin on right side since this morning. Only hurts when I stand and walk, goes away when I sit. I have a history of a cyst between L3&4. Should I seek immediate care or tough it out a few days? Pain about a 7 out of 10 when I walk, 0-1 when I sit. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can wait for a few days and see.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the groin that increases on standing is likely to be related to a muscle spasm or a mild nerve compression. It is not likely to be a serious issue. You can take rest for a few days and take a mild pain killer and see if it helps.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Thank you very much!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.