What causes pain in pelvic and lower abdominal region?
Symptoms suggest pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
First of all I would like to give you some information regarding conception.
Conception takes place during ovulation or few days before and after ovulation.
Conception does not take place during menstruation or few days before and after menstruation.
Thus, there was practically no chance of conception once your menstrual cycles began.
The pelvic pain that you are experiencing could be due to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
Gastritis or pain associated with gas do not usually cause pain in the pelvic area.
PID is associated with discomfort in the lower abdomen and dull aching kind of pain.
PID is caused by infectious organisms like syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia to name few causes.
I would suggest you to consult your gynecologist for clinical assessment and ultrasound of pelvic region.
A Pap smear and high vaginal swabs are the investigations which will help to know whether infection or inflammation is present in the pelvic organs.
Further management would be decided by the result of the investigations.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in groin and pelvic area
- Causes of lower pelvic pain
- What could cause a swollen and painful pelvic bone
- What is the cause for pain in pelvic bone
- What causes abdominal and pelvic pain with pulsation after ejaculation
- Pelvic pain menopause causes
- What causes pelvic pain while urinating
- Can alcohol abuse cause lower pelvic pain
- What is the cause for bloating feeling and pelvic pain
- What causes chronic pelvic pain aggravated by constipation