What causes pain in legs when i lay down or sit?
It can be due to vitamin B12 or D deficiency
I have studying your case and I think that you may be having vitamin D or B12 deficiency. Both are common in patient with heart problems. I would like to know little detail of your illness.
1.Sice when you are having this pain?
2.Do you have Diabetes or Smoking habit?
3.Do you also have needle like sensation?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
2. don't smoke and do not have diabetes.
3. I have a needle-like sensation around by lower shins and ankles and feet.
It can be spine problem or neuropathy
After studying your answers I believe that you may be having nerve compression in spine or neuropathy. For confirmation I would suggest you to follow these steps.
1.Serum B 12 estimation
2.Spine MRI to see if there is any nerve compression is present.
If there is any nerve compression on MRI then it will confirm the diagnosis. If it is less then 50 % then it can be treated with physiotherapy and medication. You need to take Pregabalin M tablet at night time and start back muscle strengthening exercises.
If there is low B12 then you need to start supplementing B 12 (Methylcobal).It can be done by tablets or injection.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you and treat your pain. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What causes shooting pain in leg
- Causes of leg pain when deficating
- What causes abdominal pain when laying down
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- What causes stomach pain when laying flat
- Causes of abdominal pain when sitting
- What causes leg pain at night