Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes pain and discomfort 2 weeks after lithotripsy procedure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I had a lithotripcy done a couple of weeks ago ans they lefy a stent inside for one week. It was dificult the first few days with pain ans being unconfortable from having the stent. The last few days i felt great and today i feel a disconfort in the same side (right ) but more in the lower front part of my stomach, maybe where the bladder is ?? Also in the back , buy very mild .Could I still have pain after my surgery took care of the stone ? My urine look great now too. Perfect light yellow. My surgery was on 7/3/14. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone endoscopic procedure of URS+D.J .Stenting to fragment impacted stone in Rt ureter.and now getting discomfort in lower abdomen and back side(Loin)

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Was X-Ray of the abdomen or Ultrasound Scanning done very recently(After surgery)?
2) Is D.J stent still there in your renal unit or it has been removed?

The pain and discomfort hat you have could be due one of the following reasons.
1) There are still few fragments of the stone in ureter or
2) Foreign body reaction due to stent itself.

Please consult your Urologist who has performed surgery and get these tests done to confirm the diagnosis and further treatment.

If you have stent in ureter your symptoms will get resolved after removal of stent.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What causes pain and discomfort 2 weeks after lithotripsy procedure? 2 hours later
Yes they destroyed the stone via laser and i had the stent for one week and then they removed it. I was also asked to get an ultrasound post sirgery , which i did this thursday and should get result by monday .

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please post the result of Scanning.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for feedback.
Please post the result of scanning once you get the report.

In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.