What causes numbness in lower back and left leg?
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
This is neuropathy what you are having. Pain might not be much but the numbness and probably tingling points towards it. As it is causing you discomfort and not major problems, a conservative approach will be better for now.
I would suggest the following-
Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.
Gentle exercises like spinal isometric, straight leg raising, quadriceps drill.
Painkiller gel application locally if required.
Blood test for blood sugar.
Kindly give a followup or get back with reports.
Hope this was useful.
Yeah. Don't worry
Thank you for writing back.
Yes, neuropathy might be associated with low-grade shingles attack and it is more a discomfort than distress.
Don't worry, it is temporary.
The gentle exercises will help you with recovery along with the medicine prescribed above and also by your doctor.
Though no specific duration can be said regarding complete recovery, but I assume that it wont be long, maybe 2-3 weeks.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain and numbness in lower left back
- What causes my lower left leg shin to go numb
- Lower back pain with numbness in right arm and leg
- Bloating cause back numbness
- Back numbness causes
- Numbness lower left back to front
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes middle back pain and numbness in leg
- Back sprain cause numbness
- Lower back pain leg pain vaginal numbness