What causes nausea, backache, dark urine and abdominal pain with swollen gland of the neck?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: yes. I know I have Rheumitorid Arthritis, but right now my lower back hurts quite a lot. I have nausea, loose stools, drained feeling and pain in my lower abdomen. I also have degenerative lower back as well. Urine is dark yellow.

Also, I seem to have a gland on the right side of my neck that swells and then when I rub it for a while in goes away.....
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Yes, it is hard to define exact cause without further tests.

However, your symptoms may be suggestive of acute or chronic pancreatitis or liver insufficiency. It would be good to check pancreatic and liver markers and do an abdominal ultrasound for a start. RA may or may not be related, it may sometimes lead to back pain but abdominal symptoms are not usual manifestation of RA. This neck swelling may indicate lymph node which can enlarge din some infectious or inflammatory diseases such as mononucleosis or hepatitis.

I suggest to have plenty of fluids, raspberry tea, have easier diet, avoid coffee, alcohol and fried spicy food.

Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee