What causes nausea and dizziness?

Posted on Tue, 12 Apr 2016 in General Health
Question: My husband age 70 years is a fit and active working man, he awoke this morning feeling disorientated, when getting washed he said he felt cold but his skin was very damp and clammy, he sat on the bed and said the room was spinning, when he layer back he said it was spinning more and he felt sick, he has not been sick but when he lays back or sits back the room spins and he feels sick again, what could the problem be. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs to see doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
These are very concerning symptoms. I suggest you get him to Accident and Emergency right away. They could be symptoms of a stroke or heart attack. Nausea and dizziness can be signs of heart or brain problems and should not be ignored in a 70 year old. It is great that he has been healthy but if something serious is going on it will only get worse if he is not treated soon.
Please let me know if you have further questions, but really he needs to be seen and examined by a doctor right away
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson