What causes muscle twitches throughout the body?
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.
I know what you are saying about the calcium-albumin correction. However that is not entirely accurate. There are limitations to that indirect estimation. So the best way to confirm if you have an abnormally high blood calcium level or not is to check Serum Ionized Calcium after overnight fasting.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average). Also known by other names such as GlycoHemoglobin or Glycated Hemoglobin or A1c
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
TSH (checks your thyroid)
25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)
If your ionized calcium is high then further tests will be necessary, ideally on that same blood sample such as
Correct diagnosis and treatment requires the opportunity to examine the patient so you must see an endocrinologist in-person.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Muscle twitching in leg causes
- What causes muscle twitching and tingling all over body
- Causes of involuntary muscle twitching
- What std causes muscle twitching
- What causes muscle twitching in the thigh
- What causes random muscle twitching in body
- Causes of muscle twitching symptoms
- What causes muscle twitching in body and face
- Frequent muscle twitching causes
- Muscle twitching all over body causes
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...