What causes lumps on the bicep?
My sense is that is part of my lymphatic tissue. It frees pretty grainy and two are quite distinctive in feeling like micros hard balls in te tissue to the outside of the muscle...Should I be concerned
concerned enough to see doctor
Hello and thank you for your question.
I think you should be concerned enough to have this checked out by a doctor.
The doctor can tell you if this is a cluster of small cysts or lymph nodes.
If it is lymph nodes they will examine other areas of your body to make sure that no other lymph nodes are swollen.
Usually small lymph nodes less than 1 cm (about half inch) are benign. It is slightly more concerning that there is a cluster (if they are in fact nodes).
I do not think that this is an emergency, but I do think you need to know the cause and to find out if any follow up is needed.
If the doctor is not sure what they are upon an exam, a small biopsy can be done to find out for sure.
I hope they turn out to be nothing serious,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bicep tendonitis causes
- What is a lump between biceps and triceps
- Cause and treatment for swollen and painful biceps
- What causes lump in throat
- What causes bicep bruising
- What causes a bicep indentation?
- What causes lumps on head
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes lumps in breasts
- What causes pain between bicep and tricep
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?