What causes low semen value post a vasectomy?
Vasectomy unlikely to be the cause
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for the query.
Vasectomy interrupts the flow of sperm from the testis to the ejaculation passage. Thus usually is a very small component of the semen.Normally, the bulk of semen is composed of secretions from prostate and seminal vesicles which are not affected by previous vasectomy surgery.
The best way to know for sure if you indeed have loss of semen volume is by getting your ejaculate tested. Ideally, this should be done after at least 3-5 days of abstinence, and ensuring that you do not spill any amount of your ejaculate. I also suggest that in your case, you also immediately give your urine for evaluation after the ejaculation, just to confirm that no part if semen us going back into the bladder in a retrograde manner.
If there is no sperm in the ejaculate, as you anyway have been vasectomized earlier, but all the other parameters are normal, there should be no reason to worry.
Hope I have been of help.
Get back to me if you have further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Color of semen after vasectomy
- Post-vasectomy pain syndrome causes
- Vasectomy pain syndrome causes
- Will vasectomy appear ti cause low thyroid
- Post-vasectomy blood in semen
- Does vasectomy cause dizziness
- Vasectomy abstain semen analysis
- Can vasectomies cause enuresis
- Epididymitis caused by vasectomy
- Vasectomy cause testicles to sag