Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What causes low libido?

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
sir i am from XXXXXXX my husband has deep vein thrombosis problem from his btech time
he hid this fact and married me during my first night itself i found him panting for breath.after around three months i asked him he said he had dvt problem but it has been cured i asked him again to see asked me to play a major role during sex until my husband problem is solved.i have done that .now after having his problem of dvt is solved he is not panting much even then he does not have sex with me.He comes to bed he just sleeps over doesn't care about me.even if i advance he won't react positive he will stay passive. If i talk to men outside my house or if he finds some one who is starring at me (intrested) or someone passes sex comments on me instead of scolding that person he starts taunting me that i have done something to attract or some thing else.One thing i can't understand is that when other men get attracted to me why my husband is not intrested in me. i am not zerosizebut i am quite healthy age is 28 my husband age36.Plz don't post this question on ur website
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Relationship
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He may have depression

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Don't be tense. We will maintain confidentiality. No one would post the question on website.

In your husband case, there could be two possibility. One, he may have underline depression and due to depression, he does not have any interest in sex. In that case, he needs low dose antidepressant like paroxetine or bupropion that would help to increase in interest in sex. Second, possibility may be, he has some psychogenic sexual dysfunction like premature ejaculation or erection. That could be due to depression or some other reason. In that case, you should consult a psychiatrist for his proper mental evaluation. That would help to make proper diagnosis in his case.

If you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor