What causes low libido?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
sir i am from XXXXXXX my husband has deep vein thrombosis problem from his btech time
he hid this fact and married me during my first night itself i found him panting for breath.after around three months i asked him he said he had dvt problem but it has been cured i asked him again to see doctor.doctor asked me to play a major role during sex until my husband problem is solved.i have done that .now after having son.now his problem of dvt is solved he is not panting much even then he does not have sex with me.He comes to bed he just sleeps over doesn't care about me.even if i advance he won't react positive he will stay passive. If i talk to men outside my house or if he finds some one who is starring at me (intrested) or someone passes sex comments on me instead of scolding that person he starts taunting me that i have done something to attract or some thing else.One thing i can't understand is that when other men get attracted to me why my husband is not intrested in me. i am not zerosizebut i am quite healthy person.my age is 28 my husband age36.Plz don't post this question on ur website
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Relationship

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He may have depression

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Don't be tense. We will maintain confidentiality. No one would post the question on website.

In your husband case, there could be two possibility. One, he may have underline depression and due to depression, he does not have any interest in sex. In that case, he needs low dose antidepressant like paroxetine or bupropion that would help to increase in interest in sex. Second, possibility may be, he has some psychogenic sexual dysfunction like premature ejaculation or erection. That could be due to depression or some other reason. In that case, you should consult a psychiatrist for his proper mental evaluation. That would help to make proper diagnosis in his case.

If you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist