What causes tingling sensation in the hands?
Hi and welcome.
Well, tailbone injuries, even if there is no fracture visible, may be very complex and lead to long recovery. PAin may persist for several months and certain neurologic symptoms may occur. However, in most cases this is self limiting and should improve over the time. Hand numbness should not be related to this injury since proximal spine injuries may affect nerves which innervate arms.
But there is obviously affection of paravertebral and para sacral muscles and nerve roots. I dont think this is cauda equina sy since this would be associated with other symptoms beside pain (sexual dysfunction, bladder dysfunction,sciatgiac and numbness in perianal area). But blunt muscle-neural trauma may lead to prolonged pain in this area especially after exercise. It is possible that hematoma developed around coccigeal bone or sacrum, or less common inside dural sac, but the only way to rule this out is to do MRI scan.
But, even if something is found, there is no some specific treatment except, rest, painkillers and some orthopedic therapy (hydrotherapy, therapeutic ultrasound or acupuncture).
Constipation may sometimes be related to such injuries, but usually occur when there is coccigeal fracture or rectal wall damage. I dont think this is your case, but psychosomatic influence of pain on defecation may be present.
Your repeated injury can definitely worsen symptoms and I suggest to wait for 1.2 weeks more to see if pain will subside and then do MRI scan if possible.
Wish you good health. Regards
Well, it means that there was a blunt injury to muscles and nerves around the sacral and lumbar spine. In such cases, muscles may swell and press nerve roots. This is a temporary condition and it heals spontaneously over few weeks. Sometimes if ligaments around spine are damaged, this recovery may persist for more months. but in every case, it should not be something serious.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Tingling sensation in hands fingers have osteoarthritis cause
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What causes tingling sensation in my hands while writing
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?