What causes left eye pain with black bags under the eyes?

Question
My left eye socket hurts and both eyes have bags under them that are black and blue looking. I’ve had a cold for a week
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sinusitis most likely

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and reviewed the photo you sent and I understand your concerns but it seems that your common cold was complicated with sinusitis.

I would recommend that you take an antihistaminic as Cetirizine 5mg once daily before going to bed together with an analgesic as Tylenol tablets instead of the Aspirin every eight hours.

Nasal irrigation with saline three times daily will also help clear the puffiness...However, if you develop fever then you might need an antibiotic.

I hope you find this helpful.. Let me know if I can assist you further.