What causes large red blotch on left hip after cortisone injection?
Senility rash accentuated by drugs
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
It appeaers that you have had Ecchymoses or purpuras on shin after a cortisone injection.
These may be due to senility where lack of support to blood vessels leads to such lesions. Osteoporosis is a coexisting condition in them which may be the cause for your fracture.
Even as suggested by you drugs also can cause damage to vessels and lead to purpuras.
Trauma, gravity ,cold etc may localise the lesion.
Aspirin also may precipitate such lesions.
Investigations may be difficult to confirm allergy to which drug.
Most important will be avoiding the drug .Please inform your doctor to replace to a suitable drug .
You can use antihistamines , topical soothening agents if needed like calamine lotion.
Consult doctor if any progression of lesion size or number.
Thank you for query. You can get back for any clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cortisone injection for hip osteoarthritis
- Cortisone injection hip
- Redness and dry skin after cortisone injection
- Hip pain cortisone injection
- Cortisone injections for hip bursitis
- Hip pain after cortisone injection
- Cortisone injection into hip joint
- Cortisone injection causes amenorrhea
- What are chances of blood clotting after cortisone injections
- Red facial skin after cortisone injection