question-icon

What causes itchy red rashes around the mouth?

Posted on Thu, 17 Dec 2015
Question: I have a red rash around my mouth. Initially it looked like fever blisters but thatwas two weeks ago. It is itchy but hurts if you forget and scratch. My doctor thought it was fever blister flareup but my medication doesn't seem to help. Would it possibly be psoriasis?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Upload the photographs

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the rash to get a clearer picture of the condition so that I can guide you in a better way.
Facial psoriasis is a very rare condition but still I can comment only on seeing the rash.
Are you having personal or family history of psoriasis?
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist