What causes itching on chest and different parts of the body?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been getting scratching like on my chest and sometimes on other part of the body. It just appears.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome to HCM,

It might be acute urticaria, an allergic reaction.

I treat such cases with oral antihistamine and a topical steroid cream like Mometasone to be applied twice a day.
It is Safe and effective.

Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 minutes later
Thanks. Is there an alternative natural cream I could use. I have strong reaction to pharmaceutical drugs. Also could the allergic from lotion or soap. Thanks.

Natural anthistamine will be great
Brief Answer:
Calamine

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Calamine lotion in morning and aloevera based cream in night should be helpful to you.
Try these and let me know .
Thank you