What causes irregular vaginal bleeding with yellow discharge?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: i am having irregular bleeding and yellow discharge. Don't think it's Candidiasis or trichomoniasis, I think it's a simple yeast infection, but I've never had one so I need a second opinion
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

Is the discharge foul smelling? Do you have itching too. It does not seem to be yeast infection. It could be bacterial infection. If you are sexually active, trichomoniasis and gonorrhoea need to be considered. Bacterial vaginosis too sometimes gives yellow discharge.

Is this irregular bleeding in addition to your regular mensus. If so it could be due to infection. You may be having cervical erosion or polyp which can cause such bleeding.
You need to consult gynecologist for internal examination and vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity so that you receive appropriate treatment. If your pap smear is due, you need to get that one too.

I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D