Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for chronic vaginal infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 3032 Questions
I am suffering from vaginal infection itching since last two years. i consulted two to three doctors in last two years. they all prescribed FAS-3 kit and Candid B ointment. when i took FAS-3 kit. i get cured immediately with a days of time. but if i again have intercourse with condom or without condom with my boyfriend. i am getting infected. in last 6 months i found three to four wounds nearby my vaginal area. i applied turmeric and coconut oil for one month. it got cured but itching persists still and i dont know and i am very scared now. please help me out some permanent solution to stop itching.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As you are having persistent vaginal infection with wound ,I would suggest you go for paps smear as well as STD(sexually transmitted diseases) .
Review with reports.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for chronic vaginal infection 4 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

I done this all STD tests, HIV and everything. And it found negative. Thirdly Doctor suggested me to go for Vaginal Swab test. That was also negative.

then what it could be? Please suggest me

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be bacterial vaginosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
If your reports are perfectly fine, it could be due to bacterial vaginosis which occurred due to imbalance between normal vaginal bacterial flora.
You can prevent it by taking healthy and nutritious diet.
Keep the area dry and clean.
Use Betadine liquid for washing area.
Use cotton undergarments.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor