What causes irregular menstruation in a teenager?
My daughter who is 19 yrs old having irregular periods. For last 6 months ,her periods were regularised by XXXXXXX tablets after due consulting gynae doctor. Now last month , as per doctor advise ,I stopped XXXXXXX tablets. But still her periods r not reqular. pl advise
do not worry
Welcome to HCM,
It looks like your daughter has polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Irregular periods are expected in PCOS and both metformin(glycophage) and XXXXXXX are the correct treatment for PCOS.
You could consider to put again on glycophage atleat 1000 mg perday for 3 months atleast and longer if shown to be helpful.
She can take tab. Duphaston for 5 days and then stop to get her periods if she is not having her periods monthly.
I would like to know her height and weight, as weight loss and exercise and healthy lifestyle changes go a long way in treating PCOS.
If she is comfortable with XXXXXXX she could also consider that, as these are safe and effective even if taken long term till she plans to conceive , at which time she should stop these and consider clomiphene.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for irregular menstruation
- Duphaston for irregular menstruation
- Menorrhagia, irregular menstruation causes
- Irregular menstruation safe days
- Irregular menstruation in 21 year old causes
- Causes of irregular menstruation
- Postinor cause irregular menstruation
- Propranolol cause irregular menstruation
- Irregular menstruation cyclefor what reason this thing is happening
- What are the reasons for irregular menstruation