• question-icon

What causes intermittent rashes on the body folds?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have had what appears to be a yeast infection between my fingers. It will be 1 year in August. Sometimes it goes away, but always comes back. I have only used Lotrimin cream. Last week, I developed a rash under my right breast. It is now under my left breast as well. I have identified it with an identical picture on Web MD as a yeast infection. I am now using Lotrimin cream on it. It does help with the pain, but in my experience with the rash on my fingers, the Lotrimin cream does not make it stay away. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Either intertrigo or yeast infection, cortisone & clotrimazole cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photograph.
It can be either intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds or candidiasis which is a yeast infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply a combination of steroid and antifungal cream like cortisone cream and clotrimazole cream combination on the affected areas twice daily.
Besides this keep the area dry, wear loose cotton clothes, stay in cool airy environment and restrict the use of soaps, detergents and frequent washing of hands.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist