Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What causes intermenstrual spotting?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
hi my periods are irregular. now i have a problem.every day by noon i have four to five drops of blood coming out and then stops for the rest of the day. this is being happening for the past 10 days kindly advice. my last periods was in the begin of December.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cause to be treated Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for spotting are: -Hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting. -Ovulatory bleeding -Thyroid hormonal abnormalities -Prolactin levels abnormalities -Local causes like cervical erosion, polyps etc. So, once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for investigations like: Ultrasound Hormonal profile including estrogen, progesterone, FH and LH. Thyroid profile Prolactin levels estimation etc. With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes intermenstrual spotting? 25 minutes later
Hi Doc thanks for your answer. I wanna know if u can prescribe some tab to stop the spotting for the time being. I am working in Chennai and my native is ooty ill be going to my native next month and will consult our family doc to take the test u have suggested. i don't wanna a consult a doc in an unknown place that's y. let me know if there is any temporary solution that can stop my problem for the time being
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Antifibrinolytic drug Detailed Answer: Hi, It is not correct to give the treatment without knowing the underlying cause that is responsible for the problem. If you don't want to undergo investigations now, you can just take symptomatic treatment with local doctor. Usually in our clinic we prescribe antifibrinolytic drugs like tranexamic acid for this type of complaint. Better to take with your doctor's advice. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor