question-icon

What causes increased body temperature and cloudy urine?

Posted on Fri, 27 Nov 2015
Question: my body gets really hot to touch but no fever and my pee cloudy if it sits a white layer will settle at the bottom. pee isn't constantly like this some times very clear. did home uti test negative
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You need to have a detailed urinalysis

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic!

Based on the history you have shared, the white layer can be due to protein in urine and frothing or whitish layering of proteins which settles down can be due to protein leak, and it needs to be ruled out on a detailed urinalysis rather than home strip tests which generally picks nitrites or white cells in the urine. The presence if warmth or feverish with nothing on thermometer, is called malaise and can be part of longstanding infections or before onset of acute infections as well as with certain autoimmune disorders. Over functioning of thyroid sjould also be ruled out. I don't want to overcrowd yiu with options but to start with I would recommend complete blood picture, renal function tests, ESR and detailed urinalysis to assess for protein leak and other findings like specific gravity and other substrates in urine. Meanwhile fever charting should be done with use of acetaminophen in case of fever spikes or body aches. In case of fever if recorded, send cultures of blood and urine. Rest stay assured and drink plenty of water. Hoping you a speedy recovery.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. You can also reach me directly through my profile in future, in case of any more questions. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin