What causes inability to belch and numbness in jaw?
Liver dysfunction requires evaluation.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Your son's liver enzymes are raised which requires evaluation of the cause. Most common causes of such liver derangement's are Alcohol, Viral hepatitis, Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, Drugs.
If he doesn't consume any alcohol, then alcohol induced hepatitis is ruled out.
In that case we have to rule out other common causes of liver dysfunction.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HBsAg for Hepatitis B.
2. Anti HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C.
3. Ultrasound Abdomen.
A lot many times, the liver dysfunction is due to Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD). So, if he has any evidence of fatty liver in Ultrasound and your other tests are negative, this rise is liver enzyme would be attributed to NAFLD. For this he would to reduce your weight, reduce fat in diet.
As far as belching issue are concerned, yes, they can be related to Fatty liver causing Acid reflux.
A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone helps greatly with that.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness in fingertips
- What causes numbness in ankle
- What causes dizzinessheadachesblackouts and numbness
- What causes confusion and numbness
- Causes of numb and heavy jaw
- What causes numbing of the clitoris
- What causes finger numbness with inability to straighten it
- What is the cause of headaches and numbness
- What is the cause of numbness in thigh
- Jaw numbness causes
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?