What causes high liver values during pregnancy?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,

My wife is 27 week pregnant with twins. Recently we had a lever funtion test in whih there are high values. The report is attached.So what precautions she need to take in diet as well daily routine.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is called as cholestasis of pregnancy and is seen in around 1-4 % of pregnancies and is more common in twin pregnancy.
She needs to take care of the following points -
- avoid heavy meals and try to take small amounts at frequent intervals.
- daily fetal movement count
- visit your gynecologist every 2 weeks and ultrasound every three weeks
- injection vitamin K every 4 weeks
- increase intake of fruits and salads
- repeat liver function tests after 15 days
In case you have other questions you can contact me directly on health care magic.
All the best.