What causes headache and pain in thighs, back and shoulder blades?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Back Pain
Question: My wife has been under a lot of stress after going shopping just now she is complaining of a headache and her thighs seem to hurt along with a pain in back around the shoulder blade area. She took 2 asprins and wanted to rest for an hour. Do you think its anything to worry about. She recently had a complete physciall blood work etc and everything was ok. She will be 66 next month. She is not a very strong type person mentally holds things in. What is your best opinion. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
For now, there is no reason to be worried. Monitor only!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this headache and the aches that your wife has reported. I understand your worries and more so because she has XXXXXXX going through stress and you have reported that she is not a very strong person mentally.

These pains are most probably linked to the shopping and the physical activity associated with it. I believe the aspirin and rest would be able to address this problem. When she wakes up, for sure she would report feeling better. What is it that has been getting her so stressed? If you don’t mind, please share with me and I will gladly see what advice could be helpful in overcoming this. With a complete physical that showed nothing abnormal recently, it is a more reassuring piece.

I generally don’t recommend aspirin for aches unless prescribed by a doctor because it can provoke stomach pain and bleeding. I will kindly suggest that she often consider taking Ibuprofen or Tylenol for her pains.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
We have had a very sick little puppy that has us running back and forth to the hospital for one week now. Like I said my wife is not a very strong person. And I don't help the situation either. I am going to take your advice and give her some ibuprophen can I give it after she just took the two asprins one hour ago.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO........Not now. Must wait at least 8hours!

Detailed Answer:

Please, do not give her the medications right away. Wait for at least after 8hours. Please, you both need to be strong and support each other. Life is so demanding that we must be careful not to get consumed in the daily challenges that come our ways.

As for the puppy, I wish her/him a quick recovery. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to treat pupils.

Best wishes and let me know if there is something more i can do for you at this time.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah