What Causes Frequent Urination?
Rule out Diabetes Mellitus
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern
Excessive thirst and urination raises the concern for possible Diabetes mellitus (high blood sugar levels).
Sugar is an osmotic diymuretic. So increased amount of sugar will cause excessive urinary loss of water, which in turns increases the thirst response.
I recommend that you undergo urine sugar levels, urine analysis (urine analysis will help rule out any underlying urinary infection also), random and fasting blood sugar levels, HbA1c level to confirm/rule out Diabetes.
Please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider for further evaluation and management. If confirmed, diabetes will be initially managed with diet and exercise for first 3 months. Then after 3 months, if blood sugars are not controlled medication like Metformin will be started.
Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why is my urine strong smelling and frequent
- Mild chest pain on left side infrequent
- Braxton hicks 33 weeks frequent
- Hodgkins lymphoma urination frequent
- I am getting boils filled with puss near my eyelids frequent
- Digestion sticky stool frequent
- Sudden chest pain randomly very infrequent
- Menses toilet frequent
- Menstrual cycle more frequent
- Bed wetting at 12 years stomach pain frequent