What causes frequent and painful urination, back pain, fever and lethargy?
yes cranberry juice do help...
Thanks for the query to hcm,
A urinary tract infection generally presents with increased frequency of urine, burning sensation while urination, mild lower back pain radiating to inner thighs, often fever and lethargy.
If you are experiencing the initial signs of a UTI, then you should firstly increase your water intake to 12-15 glasses of water i.e 4-5 litres per day. This shall help to flush the infection sooner. Cranberry juice can help alkalinise the urine and and is a known home remedy for UTI treatment, but if the symptoms persist even after 3 days of use then a urine culture and microscopy is mandatory before a course of antibiotics may have to be started for a week.
Principally water intake and accompanied local hygiene with keeping the local area dry and frequent change of undergarments can also be helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a back pain after a fever
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- Lethargy back pain eye strain and lightheadness
- What causes blood in urine and severe back pain
- Back pain lethargy nausea
- What causes trouble in urinating and lower back pain
- What causes lower right back pain and low grade fever
- Typhoid fever back pain
- Lethargy nausea lightheadedness back pain
- What causes lower back pain and blood in urine