What causes feeling something stuck in the throat?
And every time I eat something, I feel that its lying there at the entrance of the oesophagus and not going into it and I feel like vomiting it. Please help what to eat and what not to eat.
You are having symptoms of GERD
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
If you mean that you feel something is stuck in the throat even after you complete eating, it indicates you are having globus pharyngeus of which gastroesophageal reflux disease is one of the causes. This is a condition in which the stomach contents reflux in to the esophagus.
But if you mean that you feel the food is not going in at all while swallowing, then it indicates there is some obstruction for which there are many different causes.
You can get an upper GI endoscopy to look in to the esophagus to see whether you have any obstruction or it is just globus pharyngeus.
Taking the other symptom also in to consideration, I feel it is more of GERD than anything else.
I would advise the following -
1. Continue taking mucaine
2. Take Iladac-L once a day before breakfast for 4 weeks
3. Consult a gastroenterologist for an upper GI endoscopy
4. Avoid coffee, citrus, tomatoes, fatty/spicy/masala food
5. Do not eat full stomach. Eat multiple smaller meals
6. Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food.
7. Get tested for diabetes and hypothyroidism.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Will domtac work?
Yes Domtac will work
Yes domtac will work.
And because of that I feel everytime it is there somewhere in my chest blocking the intakes (food, water etc) to get through the oesophagus.
Today I took zintec also, but still its hard to eat and drink as I feel blockage in the chest. Is it due to sinus? Or is it digestive problem?
Answer given below
You continue taking medications.
I would like to tell you that medications alone will not provide complete relief. Lifestyle changes are also important. I have mentioned about them in my earlier post. Do follow that advice.
You are having gastroesophgeal reflux disease and not sinus issue.
As mentioned earlier you can get an upper GI endoscopy done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes feeling of throat obstruction
- What causes blocking feel in throat
- What causes fell food stuck in throat
- What causes stuck throat tingling face and nose
- What causes fuzzy feeling in mouth and throat
- What causes sick feeling in throat
- Feeling of something moving in throat cause
- What can cause an irritating feeling in the throat
- What causes the feeling of something crawling up the throat
- What causes a feeling like something stuck in throat