What causes excessive sweating on chest area at day?
It does not sound like Hyperhydrosis. It could be Hyperthyroidism.
Excessive sweating is known as Hyperhydrosis. But it usually affects the arm pits, arms and hands and in some cases the feet. Chest only is quite rare and it also does not happen suddenly one night.
This could be due to some anxiousness or recent tension or stress that you might be going through. Also, it could be due to some illness or infection that you might be coming down with. Have you started any medicines in the recent past, they could lead to the sweating.
Most likely it could be Hyperthyroidism which is hyperactivity of the thyroid gland.
Please see a Physician and get yourself checked. Check your basal pulse rate, if it is more than po beats per minute, it is suggestive of Hyperthyroidism.
Please get blood test done of thyroid - namely free T3, free T4 and TSH. The sample has to be given empty stomach in the morning. Do let me know the reports or consult your GP for the same.
Take care and do not worry. It can be treated simply.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating cold and headaches only during nights
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating