What causes excessive burping and belching after intercourse?

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Question: hi doc i had sex at 23rd XXXXXXX last month after a week fron july 1st i am facing excessive burping and i lost around 3 kg ( i did nt take for two days ) i consulted doc he gave medicine but still it s not cured is belching anything related to hiv? and i did test on july 2nd it shows hiv negative but still i am worrying
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:

There is no need to worry as excessive burping and belching are not related to HIV and you have been tested negative for HIV. It would take around 6 to 8 weeks for the HIV to show any symptoms.

Loosing 3kgs is a matter of concern. It requires evaluation. As you have been to a doctor, I would like to know his diagnosis and treatment he gave you. The loss of weight depends on many factors like diet, malabsorption of food and physical activity.

So, be relaxed and do not worry regarding HIV.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari