What causes enlarged cervical lymph nodes?
likely enlarged cervical lymph nodes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
With a history of runny nose, change in swallowing then it is likely that you have an acute viral upper respiratory tract infection (Common cold or flu).
This can cause enlargement of cervical lymph nodes. The lymph nodes respond to infection/inflammation at different points of the body.
The cervical lymph nodes respond to upper respiratory tract infections.
Some of these nodes are located under the chin.
It can take up to 6 weeks, in some cases, for these nodes to reduce in size after the infection has resolved though many persons can have resolution in 1 to 2 weeks.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen adenoids and enlarged cervical lymph node
- Enlarged cervical lymph nodes
- Enlarged cervical lymph node 2cm
- Cervical lymph node enlargement in dandruff
- Cervical lymph nodes swollen causes
- Causes of swollen posterior cervical lymph nodes
- Dandruff and cervical lymph node
- Enlarged cervical lymph node and chronic sinusitis
- What does enlarged cervical lymph nodes mean
- Enlarged cervical lymph nodes painful shoulder