Can Losartan be discontinued abruptly?
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I can understand your concerns,
Please note that all the symptoms you have described are reported and common side effects of losartan.
However, it also commonly causes upper respiratory tract infection... So, before going back to work I would recommend that you get an X-ray chest to exclude possible infection or bronchitis.
There are no reported withdrawal symptoms and there should not be any expected symptoms related to stopping the medication abruptly.
However, you may need to refer to your doctor for a replacement medication for hypertension...
I hope you find this helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?