What causes elevated liver enzymes ?
My recent blood test revealed the following: SGOT 73; SGPT 109; Alkaline Phosphatase 129, Bilirubin ttl .6. All other results looked great. Within 12 days prior to test, I had several dental appts which included several shots of anasthetic for 2 teeth (root canal) as well as nitrous oxide. I was also on 500 mg 2x daily of Amoxil immediately prior to this test. Could this have influenced the lever results? Female 49/very active/super healthy diet/zero alcohol.
Thanks for the query.
These test reports shouldnt have been affected by the amoxicillin that you had taken.The liver enzymes are slightly higher than normal.Elevated liver enzymes can occur to many reasons mostly due to infection involving the liver,damage,etc.These results are however,not high enough to cause serious problem but need to be monitored.If there is furthur increase ,then you should be tests for hepetitis and also get an ultrasound/mri of the abdomen.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Dilaudid causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- Mrsa cause elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Ultram causing elevated liver enzymes
- Migraines cause elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes causes
- Leukoplakia causes elevated liver enzymes
- Strep causing elevated liver enzymes
- Planing for baby, dont get orgasm. Frequency of intercourse?
- Heaviness,pushing feeling in vagina
- Menstrual period since 15 days,dark brown with lots of clots,using implanon
- Diet advice for gastritis?
- Diffuse fatty infiltration of liver,body mass index is 30.7
- Uncontrolled nausea,lower abdomen cramps,extreme fatigue,missed birth...
- Lump at the bottom of vulva, bleeding, oozing. Swab was normal. What can...
- Mild heart attack, gone unnoticed, infarction in the EKG
- Why am I getting constant cramps and lost the desire for sex ?
- Hydrocele,no pain, taken hetrazan. Surgery?