What causes elevated liver enzymes?
Thank you for the query.
Regular alcohol intake (even in small dosages) can cause slight liver enzymes elevation. And your results are only slightly above the referential ranges. It is not dangerous however you should treat is as a warning. Please note that regular alcohol intake can lead to fatty liver and liver cirrhosis.
That is why I suggest you to decrease alcohol intake and have this tests repeated in a month or so. You should also have abdominal ultrasound done to see the liver structure.
Your cholesterol levels are fine.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Dilaudid causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- Mrsa cause elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Ultram causing elevated liver enzymes
- Migraines cause elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes causes
- Leukoplakia causes elevated liver enzymes
- Strep causing elevated liver enzymes