What causes edema in ankles and feet?
No benefit from thyroid hormone and it may harm
Noted your concern. Your thyroid blood works looks good. I have noticed that you have thyroid nodules and the needle biopsy was normal. From the docror's notes i noticed about family history of thyrod cancer. Could you tell me what type of thyroid cancer was it? If it was medullary thyroid cancer, i strongly recommend you to get a blood test ( Serum Calcitonin) .
Since your thyroid blood works are normal, there is no need to supplement with thyroid hormone and that will not resolve the edema. Instraed, it may harm you if your thyroid hormone levels increase by hormone supplementation.
I would recommend you to get a serum creatinine, blood urea, liver function tests, Urine albumin, Serum calcium as additional tests so that we can search for causes of edema.
Liver functions normal
Thank you for the reply. Yes, that report include liver function test panel and your liver function tests are looking fantastic. No need to repeat that test now. Please get the rest of the tests which I mentioned.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What caused edema after cardiac surgery
- What is the cause for edema in my legs
- What causes bone marrow edema
- What causes calcified granuloma with perifocal edema
- What is the cause and treatment for edema in elbows
- Can losartan cause edema in ankles feet
- Steroid injection caused edema in ankles
- What causes ankle and led edema swelling or inflamation
- What could cause pitting edema on forehead
- What is refractory edema and causes