What causes drop in body temperature after fever subsides?
no problem. It is expected
Thanks for writing to us.
It is common for body temperature to drop after fever reducing medicines like Acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
No need to worry.
Do not give next dose unless temperature goes to 100 degree or above.
Ensure she drinks plenty of liquids to keep hydrated.
Fever is body's response to infection and should settle down in a few days.
However if fever persists or if your daughter becomes dull or any other symptoms do consult your doctor.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting and body chill with fever
- Body temperature drops after fever
- Fever caused by body louse
- Wat causes high fever in the body
- What could be the cause for warm body without fever
- High body Fever causes
- What causes extreme body heat with no fever
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- What is the cause for chest pain after fever
- What is the cause for fever everyday after croup
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....