What causes dizziness when I stand up?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: i am 77 years old for the last 3 days i have been getting dizzy when i stand up. i weight is 200 lbs i lust took my bp it is 123/74/69
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. In your age, its likely attributed to the inner ear problem that causes dizziness most of the time. However other causes like medication induced, poor blood circulation like atherosclerosis, migraine headaches, overheatinf dehydration, low blood sugars, low iron levels etc all can cause dizziness.

I want you to rest for a while. Use some stick for support while walking to prevent tripping and fall. Take some antivert and see if it helps. Otherwise seek a doctor, let them run some labs to evaluate the cause of this dizziness and see what comes up. Till then preventive and supportive care is advised.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan