What causes dizziness and lethargy when under stress?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: When im stressed and im busy doing things i feel out of energy, tired and feel like fainting. I feel hot and sweaty easily as well
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.Your symptoms are not specific and a lot of conditions can cause them.
I would suggest to do some tests to rule out the most common causes for such symptoms like :
-Complete blood count to rule out anemia
-Thyroid function tests : fT3,fT4,TSH to rule out thyroid problems
-Blood sugar to rule out Diabetes or hypoglicemia

If all these tests are normal ,I would suggest a cardiac check-up : EKG,Echocardiography.
If all these examinations are normal ,it is likely that you symptoms are a reaction to stress.

You need to consult a physician for proper evaluation.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati