What causes disinterest in everything along with tiredness and weakness?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, my name is XXXX
I have a problem, Iam feeling bore in
my life .Iam a housewife .I fill that nothing is remaining in my life
a have no interest in any work
and nothing like in fooding also
I am filling so tired and weak.
pls advise me.

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms suggest some depressive disorder

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic

Please don't feel bad, I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that the symptoms you are showing can be controlled easily with proper medicines and psychotherapy. Feeling of boredom, lack of interest in anything, feeling that nothing is left in life, persistent tiredness, weakness etc symptoms usually occur in depression. It is not necessary to have low or sad mood in depression, some times even without low mood individuals show symptoms of depression. Before making diagnosis of depression for your symptoms I would like to rule out some medical conditions that can cause similar symptoms.

Low vitamin B12 levels, iron deficiency anaemia, hypothyroidism etc are common medical conditions that can present with persistent tiredness and weakness. Due to tiredness individuals develop lack of interest in anything. So get your hemoglobin, serum B12 levels and thyroid hormone levels checked to rule out these conditions. If all investigations come normal then visit a Psychiatrist for help and to rule out depression.

Depression can be treated with proper medicines and cognitive therapy. Medicines like SSRIs especially like Fluoxetine, Sertraline etc are commonly used. These medicines are safe medicines and don't cause dependence so you can take them without fear. These medicines should help in your symptoms. Visit a psychiatrist for prescription.

Apart from this I will advise you to engage yourself in some good constructive work. Daily exercise results in release of endorphins which lifts the mood. Relaxation exercises and yoga have excellent efficacy in depression. Take diets rich in proteins and complex carbs and low in fat, this will also help you.

Thanks, don't remain stressed because of your symptoms, the symptoms will reduce with treatment.

Hope this helps you, if you have more doubts you can ask again
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist