What causes diarrhoea in newborns?
no need to worry
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually newborn babies pass stools frequently in the first few weeks of life. After that their digestive system matures and this results in most of the ingested milk to get digested. Nothing much will be left for stool formation.
This results in stools once in 2,3 sometimes even once in 5 days.
No need to worry.
Continue exclusive breastfeeding.
Baby will pass by itself. You can wait upto 5 days.
One more point: It is better to check for thyroid levels if not already done at birth.
Wishing your baby good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On atkins diet having bloody diarrhoea what is causing this
- Does antibiotics cause diarrhoea
- Elomet cream causes diarrhoea
- What is the cause of abdominal pain vomiting and diarrhoea
- Diarrhoea causes
- What is the cause of abdominal painbloating and diarrhoea
- Will benecol cause diarrhoea
- Can colpermin cause diarrhoea
- What causes sudden nausea with chronic diarrhoea
- On microgynon 30 had diarrhoea what could be the cause