What causes diarrhea while on Co-Amoxiclav?
Side effect of amoxiclav
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but amoxiclav is reported to cause black tarry stools that could indicate the presence of occult blood in stools .. Amoxiclav can cause blood in stools due to hemorrhagic colitis which is inflammation of the mucus membrane of the colon.. I would recommend that you take a stool analysis and if it came positive for blood on stools then you should discontinue the antibiotic and refer to your doctor for a prescription of another antibiotic
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can co amoxiclav caused light coloured diorrhea
- Can co amoxiclav cause black stools
- Co amoxiclav causes epididymitis
- Does co amoxiclav cause hiccups
- What is co amoxiclav used to treat
- What is co amoxiclav used for
- Co amoxiclav cause nightmares
- Do co amoxiclav cause litchen planus
- Co amoxiclav giving me diarrhea bloating
- Can co amoxiclav cause panic attacks?