What causes delayed periods?

Posted on Mon, 20 Oct 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hi. I am 27 year old female. My first day of my period was 2 nd September and I had unprotected sex on 14 the. 15 th and 18 the. From past one week I have not passed my stools. Force ably I had tried blood had came. But I am too tired from past 3 days. I had consult the doctor on 16 th they have done scanning and they had seen mature follicles seen. And they have suggested gestin tablet . Cabgalin tablet and duphaston tabletWill I be pregnant
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may get pregnant.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

The probabilities of pregnancy have always been there with unprotected sex.

As you had intercourse in your unsafe period and your ultrasound scan on 16 th ( around ovulation)shows mature follicle and again on 18 th you had unprotected sex and so the probability of pregnancy is more in your case.

I believe your doctor is also thinking that you might get pregnant that is why she prescribed medication which is useful in early pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to assist you.

My best wishes for your future.

Good luck.
Dr.Richa

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN