What causes delayed menstruation while on NuvaRing?
Need more information.
Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concerns.
Delayed menses can be due to so many causes other than pregnancy.
So first you should go for a home urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. ( though the chances are very less).
Before giving my opinion I want to ask a few questions from you.
1. Have you taken any other medication along with nuvaring?
2. Do you have vaginal discharge?
3. Any other symptoms like nausea, mood changes?
4. Have you ever missed your period before?
Please revert to me with my answers.
Hope to hear from you soon.
It can be due to low blood volume.
I have gone through your history and in my opinion delayed menses can be due to low blood volume( I can understand with low volume means low iron and haemoglobin levels).
It can be delayed due to so many drugs which you have taken.
So there is no need to worry, wait and watch for your period but if you have irregular period for more than 3-4 months then consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and rule out the other pathological causes like hormonal imbalance, PCOD, fibroid, thyroid disorder and ovarian cyst.
You should take a healthy and nutritious diet, drink a lot of water, do not take any stress and do some yoga and meditation.
Hope it is useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Typhoid causing delay in menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation