What causes delayed menstruation despite taking Sysron-N?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: I hd sex wid my Bf and soon I hv taken sysron n tablet still did'nt get period...7 days passed aftr taking tab...plz suggest me sumthng m worried

Answered by Dr. Soumya 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
SYsron is not a emergency contraceptive pill

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about possibility of pregnancy.

Following is my reply:

1) Sysron is not an emergency contraceptive pill. It is a progesterone pill that can be used to postpone periods. It does not provide effective emergency contraception.

2) They dont provide effective emergency contraception.

3) I suggest yo wait till you miss your periods and test for pregnancy to see if you are pregnant.

4) As of now taking any other pill will not help you. Please wait till you get periods. If you miss periods, do a pregnancy test.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 24 hours later
Aftr hw many days usually v get period aftr taking sysron n? Nd if pregnancy is confirmed den plz suggest me tab fr abortion
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need details

Detailed Answer:

Please let me know what is the dose of sysron you have taken and what is the duration (no. Of days) you have taken it so that I can answer your query.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
I hv taken it fr 3 days per day 3 tab..

Answered by Dr. Soumya 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please wait

Detailed Answer:

You have taken right dose. You should get periods any time now. Please wait for one more week without any medicines.

If you don't get periods even after 10 days from now, please do home pregnancy test to check pregnancy.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dr. Soumya
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN