• question-icon

What causes dark patches under both arms?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Here are my symptoms: I have a rash under both arms, I believe I have a smell from this rash but can't really describe it. I also have dark patches under my arms that are like facia buildup. I sometimes have a burnt smell or something like it in my nose. I am scheduled to see a dermitologist but it might be internal, right?
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more and a photograph for better assessment

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am
Welcome to health care magic, I have gone through your question very diligently and I will definitely help you out in best possible way, but I will be requiring more information for better assessment of the condition like
1.If possible upload me a photograph
2. your relevant medical history like diabetes, high blood pressure or previous history of TB or other infectious disease?
3. since how long it has been there ?
4. is there any discharge coming out of this.

Looking at your description it seems to be a treatable condition so you need not to worry, please write back to me with these details so that I will be able tell you more precisely.
Meanwhile maintain good hygiene and keep it clean and moist.

waiting for your reply.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. BR Hudda 12 hours later
I have recently had a physical and no diabetes, the test for a historic look at blood sugar showed no signs, no high blood pressure, no history of TB or other infectious diseases. There is no discharge, just rash that comes and goes, and darker skin or below skin coloring that comes and goes as well. Wouldn't show up on a picture too well right now.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antiallergic drug with moisturizer or calamine lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hello
welcome again and thanks for follow up question.

in my opinion it could be related to allergic reaction or atopic dermatitis

I would advise you to take antiallergic drug like levocetirizine or fexofenadine as and when it appears.
you can apply any moisturizer or calamine lotion.

If possible uplaod me all the reports of physical.
If it persists or increases in size than you need to see a dermatologist for further course of action.

Hope I could answer your question
best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. BR Hudda