What causes constipation and rectal pain with normal colonoscopy?
Constipation is the only problem to be resolved...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
1. You are saying to have done a colonoscopy 1 year ago and it resulted normal. Therefore, there is nothing to be worried at this extent.
2. From what you are describing, all your symptoms are related to constipation: pain, feeling tired, pressure, internal hemorrhoids.
What you do wrong is to avoid eating. I understand your bm is very painful, but this is a temporary situation. If you do not eat, your bowel would get it harder to have a movement and it will be worst for you.
To my opinion, you should focus more on trying to prevent/ease constipation:
- eat often and small portions
- consume more foods high in fiber content: cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables (kiwi, pear, etc.)
- increase water intake
- try to keep physically active to help your bm
- keep a good anal hygiene
- use hemorrhoids preparations locally after having a bm
If all these steps won't improve your condition, then, I'd advise to:
- start lactulose to soften your stool
- take psyllium supplement
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation bloating colonoscopy report normal history of bypass surgery advice
- Constipated colonoscopy and endoscopy done what is the problem
- What can cause abdominal pain after a colonoscopy
- Constipation after colonoscopy
- What causes abdominal pain and constipation
- What causes constipation and stomach pain
- Colonoscopy sissel polyp bleeding constipation
- What causes pain in abdomenbelching and constipation
- Extreme bloating constipation distended stomach taken dicyclomine colonoscopy normal treatment
- What causes severe lower back pain after a colonoscopy