What causes constant urge to spit with chest congestion?
chest pain for evaluation
Hi, thanks for your query. In my opinion, at your age cardiac problem is very unlikely.
Congestion in chest with midnight chest pain are symptoms very much suggestive of acid reflux.
Upper gi endoscopy will be normal in many cases of acid reflux. It will detect only erosion or ulcer is very severe cases.
If i were your treating doctor, I would have got echo cardiograghy and TMT testing done to rule out cardiac problems, complete blood work.
Depending on the report, I would treat you or refer you to cardiologist if there is any cardiac problems.
Any type of stress or anxiety can worsen acid reflux without any cause.
Proton pump inhibitors+prokinetcs drug for 6 to 8 weeks, small frequent feeds, avoidance of spicy food, packed foods, foods containing lot of preservatives will help you reduce your symptoms
45 min of yoga and pranayama will help you to reduce your stress, headache, and even chest pain.
don't worry, you will be better soon.
hope my answers have helped you. Thanks. Pleased to help you further. .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of constant spitting
- What causes urge incontinence
- Crying cause chest congestion
- What causes chest congestion and cough with uti complications
- What causes excessive spitting
- What causes urge to urinate
- What causes wheezing and chest congestion
- What causes chest congestion and nausea
- What causes constant stomach infection and chest pain
- What causes viscous spit